There’s no better place to spend a relaxing and fun getaway this summer than the charming and historic town of Gettysburg, PA. Of course, there are plenty of fantastic things to do in Gettysburg, PA, but getaways here are about so much more than that. Embrace the nation’s history, dine on delicious food, enjoy some great shopping and wine tasting, and then when you’re all done for the day, retreat to our excellent Gettysburg Bed and Breakfast for a restful night away from home.
Gettysburg, PA, is an easy and fun getaway from many of the East Coast’s major metropolitan cities, including Philadelphia, Pittsburg, Baltimore, and Washington DC. Not only is it easy to get to, but a trip to Gettysburg offers visitors an unparalleled glimpse into our nation’s Civil War history. But, honestly, visiting the Battlefields is just the beginning of all the great things to do in Gettysburg, PA.
To make the most of your getaway, you’ll need to ensure you have excellent accommodations to call your home away from home. Our Gettysburg Bed and Breakfast is the #1 place to stay in Gettysburg, thanks to the wonderful and romantic accommodations, top-notch amenities, and exceptional hospitality and attention to detail you’ll enjoy while here. If you’re ready to explore with us, it’s time to book your room at our #1-rated Gettysburg, PA Bed and Breakfast today.
The Best Things to do in Gettysburg This Summer
If you’ve yet to experience Gettysburg, PA’s charming and historic town, this summer is the perfect opportunity! There are indeed many great things to do in Gettysburg, PA – but it also makes for a quick and easy getaway. That is especially true this summer, as the cost of gas and travel are soaring across the country. Moreover, there’s just something special about visiting small towns and getting a feel for the nation’s beating heart.
Gettysburg, located in Adams County, is filled with historic charm. From the beautiful Victorian homes throughout town, the gorgeous historic architecture in downtown Gettysburg, and the incredible Gettysburg Battlefields and associated historic attractions, there are plenty of things to do in Gettysburg to keep you occupied.
For many, a trip to the Gettysburg National Military Park is what brings them to town – but that’s certainly not all there is to do here. We’d love to show you all the wonderful things to do in Gettysburg, PA. We’ve listed a few of our favorites below!
- Don’t miss a visit to the Gettysburg National Military Park and Battlefield. It’s rated as one of the best things to do in Gettysburg for a reason. Don’t miss the Gettysburg Museum and Visitors Center, which has a variety of Civil War Artifacts on display, the Gettysburg National Cemetary, and the memorial marking the site of Abraham Lincoln’s 1983 Gettysburg Address. Other highlights include Seminary Ridge Museum, the Cupola view, and the David Wills House.
- Given Gettysburg’s historic legacy, it’s probably no surprise that it’s also a great place to enjoy paranormal activity. There are several ghost tours in town, which is undoubtedly one of the more exciting things to do in Gettysburg, PA.
- Explore the charming shops and bustling center of Lincoln Square in downtown Gettysburg. It’s the heart of downtown Gettysburg and only about a 10-minute walk from our Gettysburg Bed and Breakfast.
- Don’t miss the Historic Round Barn and Farm Market. Not only is it one of the last round barns in the country, but it’s also a great place to pick up picnic supplies and to enjoy the sights, sounds, and smell’s of this region’s agricultural heritage. Another “don’t miss” agricultural attraction in town is the Adams County Farmer’s market, located in downtown Gettysburg.
- There are plenty of things to do in Gettysburg for outdoor lovers, too! There are beautiful views from the top of the Pole Steeple Trail and excellent hiking, biking, and more in the Michaux State Forest. There’s access to the Appalachian Trail from here, too – not to mention the extensive hiking in Gettysburg National Military Park.
- One of the most photographed attractions in Gettysburg is the Sachs Covered Bridge.
- Downtown is also home to several excellent Gettysburg restaurants, breweries, wineries, and craft cocktail hotspots. Consider grabbing a pint at Appalachian Brewing Company and FourScore Beer Co., or taste the spirits at Mason Dixon Distillery. We also recommend heading out for more beverage adventures on the Adams County Pour Tour.
- If you’re short on time but want to experience the best flavors in town, consider taking a Savor Gettysburg Food Tour!
- Get oriented and take a walking tour of downtown Gettysburg – it’s one of our favorite things to do in Gettysburg. Take advantage of our Mid-Week Tour Package at our Gettysburg Bed and Breakfast, which includes your choice of a 60-minute tour of historic Gettysburg and other local goodies.
- Gettysburg is a budding arts destination and is home to a wonderful range of art galleries, which includes a wonderful range of Civil War art at places like the King James Galleries.
The Best Gettysburg, PA Bed and Breakfast
You can spend several days exploring the Gettysburg National Military Park, let alone all the other incredible things to do in Gettysburg. To give yourself enough time to get an authentic feel for this great town, plan to spend a few days with us at our historic Gettysburg, PA Bed and Breakfast.
At our Gettysburg Bed and Breakfast, you’ll find six spacious guest rooms and two larger suites, all thoughtfully decorated with antique furnishings and appointed with a range of amenities, all located within minutes of the Gettysburg battlefields and downtown Gettysburg. Each morning of your stay, we’ll treat you to a delicious multi-course breakfast – it’s the perfect way to start your day in Gettysburg!
Between a relaxing getaway and an exciting destination filled with things to do, there’s plenty to love about a trip to our Gettysburg Bed and Breakfast. Book your room today!