If you’re looking for some of the best Gettysburg restaurants to enjoy on your upcoming getaway, you’re in the right place. Though most people come here to experience the extensive military history and visit one of the most significant Civil War Battlefields, we’ll be the first to tell you that there’s so much more to the charming and historic town of Gettysburg than battlefields and history. It all starts with a stay at our romantic Bed and Breakfast in Gettysburg, PA.
The Keystone Inn is rated as one of the best places to stay in Gettysburg, and for a good reason. We’re in a quiet neighborhood of Gettysburg, overlooking beautiful gardens and the rolling Battlefields just beyond our doors. We’re also just a short walk to town, where you’ll find plenty of great shopping and the top Gettysburg restaurants and attractions.
Aside from being close to some of the best things to do in the area, our Bed and Breakfast in Gettysburg, PA is simply a delightful place to spend a few days. We offer welcoming accommodations, attentive hospitality, decadent breakfasts, and much more. We’d love nothing more than to show you just how special this beautiful town can be. Book your room at our Gettysburg Bed and Breakfast today!
The Best Gettysburg Restaurants to Try This Summer
Food probably isn’t one of the first things you think about when considering Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. Instead, the first thing that pops into mind is probably the Gettysburg Address or the famed Battlefields of Gettysburg. This town is here to surprise you, though, and it starts with the delightful Gettysburg restaurants that you’ll find just a short walk away from our Gettysburg Bed and Breakfast.
Though great accommodations and a fun itinerary are the foundations of any great getaway, food is an important consideration, too! Luckily, Gettysburg restaurants seem to know this, too, and accordingly, they turn out some really delicious food! Gettysburg restaurants offer a little something for everyone, too. From upscale dining and farm-to-table cuisine to historic dishes you may have found at taverns back in the Civil War Era, we’re confident Gettysburg restaurants will tickle your tastebuds. Here are 12 Gettysburg restaurants you should visit the next time you’re in town.
- Though its name is simple, we promise the flavors at Food 101 are anything but. This is easily one of the best Gettysburg restaurants, where everything is locally sourced and made from scratch.
- Dobbin House Tavern is consistently ranked as one of the best Gettysburg restaurants. It’s also set in the city’s oldest building, adding a bit of historic flair to your colonial-inspired meal. You’ll definitely want to have reservations to eat here.
- If you’re looking for a fine dining experience, head to Mansion House 1757. You’ll enjoy plenty of locally-sourced farm-fresh ingredients in their signature dishes.
- If you’d like to sink your teeth into a great burger or some delicious wings, head to the popular Gettysburger Company.
- La Bella Italia is another of the best Gettysburg restaurants worth visiting. It offers a fun, family-friendly atmosphere, and delicious home-style Italian cooking that will leave you satisfied.
- For a touch of history while you dine, head to the Appalachian Brewing Company. It’s located right next to the historic battlefields, so the setting is nostalgic, but there’s also plenty of great food and craft beer here to enjoy!
- You’ll find delicious food and a great ambiance at the Inn at Herr Ridge restaurants. The building once served as a stop on the Underground Railroad and later served as the first confederate hospital during the Civil War. The wine cellar here is superb, too!
- An excellent place for lunch while in town is Gettysburg Baking Company. They offer traditional baked goods and treats, but their soups, sandwiches, and salads are pretty great, too.
- Sip on some traditional Irish whisky and eat some delicious pub food at the Garryowen Irish Pub. There’s a reason it’s one of the most popular Gettysburg restaurants, and the lively atmosphere here has a lot to do with it.
- Four Score Beer Co. is the place to go when it comes to quiet and unassuming Gettysburg restaurants. Most people come here for their craft brews, which are, of course, great. However, all the food here is made from scratch and is pretty delicious.
- Another great Gettysburg restaurant to add to your list is the Blue & Gray Bar & Grill. It’s a popular spot for locals and tourists and serves delicious and elevated pub fare. The interior is decorated in a Civil War theme for that added touch of fun.
- A distillery might not traditionally make your list of the best Gettysburg restaurants, but the Mason Dixon Distillery does! Their craft cocktails and spirits are amazing, and their delicious food rounds out the experience perfectly.
If you’re short on time but want to sample several Gettysburg restaurants and get a real feel for the food scene here, consider taking one of the Savor Gettysburg Food Tours. The tour takes you to several local hotspots, and you’ll get a bonus history lesson on the side. If you want to keep the food focus of your trip going, consider taking the Adams County Crop Hop, which takes you to many of the top farms, markets, and agricultural experiences in the area.
The Best Bed and Breakfast in Gettysburg, PA
After a busy day in town and a delicious meal at any of these Gettysburg restaurants, you’ll be ready to sit back, relax, and unwind. There’s no better place to do that than our Bed and Breakfast in Gettysburg, PA. Whether you’re here to embrace history or enjoy a few romantic days with your sweetheart, you’ll find the comfortable accommodations and welcoming hospitality at our Gettysburg Bed and Breakfast compliment your stay perfectly.
Our Gettysburg Bed and Breakfast is a stunning late-Victorian-style house built in 1913 and has long been a home of significance in town. Though we’ve maintained the historic look and feel of this beautiful Inn, the guest rooms are comfortable and well-appointed with modern amenities.
In the morning, we’ll treat you to a sumptuous multi-course breakfast featuring ingredients sourced as locally as possible, including proteins from The Farmstead Butcher. The menu changes daily, alternating between sweet and savory entrees and always served with plenty of fresh fruit and other healthy options. We are also happy to accommodate dietary restrictions when noted at the time of booking.
In short, we offer everything you need during your getaway, so you can relax in a way you can only do away from home. Are you ready to get out and explore the best Gettysburg restaurants with us this summer? Book your room at our luxury Gettysburg Bed and Breakfast today!