If you’re looking for a fantastic way to kick back and unwind this summer, there’s nothing that beats a cold pint of beer at one of the top Gettysburg breweries. There’s still plenty of summer left to enjoy in this charmingly historic town, and we think summer presents one of the best opportunities to experience the best of Gettysburg breweries. That’s just the beginning, too!
There are many great things to do in Gettysburg, PA, throughout the year – but it’s hard to argue with the beautiful, long, warm summer days. Whether you’re here to explore the rich history surrounding Gettysburg or want to get out into the outdoors hiking, biking, and exploring this beautiful area, one thing is for sure: summer is heating up, and now is the perfect time to head to Gettysburg breweries.
With so many great things to do in Gettysburg this summer, you’ll need someplace to stay while you experience it all. There’s no better place to stay in Gettysburg than our historic Gettysburg Bed and Breakfast. We offer incomparable service and hospitality, delightful guest rooms, and plenty of amenities, and we’re just a short walk away from downtown Gettysburg. From here, you really can enjoy it all. Book your room at our #1-rated Gettysburg Bed and Breakfast today!
The 5 Best Gettysburg Breweries
While most of your day in Gettysburg will probably be spent doing things like touring the Gettysburg National Military Park and Battlefield, photographing the beautiful Sachs Covered Bridge, and taking a walking tour of historic downtown Gettysburg, there are still plenty more things to do in Gettysburg. In your downtime, we recommend you hit up one of the more delicious Gettyburg breweries in town, too.
Gettysburg breweries do an excellent job of highlighting the robust agricultural history of this area, bringing tastes of rural Adams County into every pint. In fact, Gettysburg breweries are just one of the many highlights on the Adams County Craft Beer Trail, which is part of the larger Adams County Pour Tour.
Whether you sample your way from one of these great Gettysburg breweries to the next or plan to stop by for a cold pint on a hot summer afternoon, we know you’ll have a great time exploring the beer scene in downtown Gettysburg with us this summer. Here are 7 of the Best Gettysburg Breweries to try this summer:
- The Tattered Flag Taproom is one of the top-rated Gettysburg breweries to visit this summer. This business is Veteran owned and operated and is an award-winning destination perfect for beer lovers.
- Appalachian Brewing Co. has a few locations in the area, including one right here in Gettysburg next to the Battlefields.
- Fourscore Beer Company is another great choice among Gettysburg breweries, and it’s one of the newest establishments in town.
- Battlefield Breworks and Spirits of Gettysburg Distillery is the perfect one-stop destination for delicious craft brews and one-of-a-kind distilled spirits. It’s one of our favorite Gettysburg breweries, but their cocktails are sensational, too!
- Once you’ve tasted your way through the top Gettysburg breweries, don’t miss the chance to visit Ploughman Cider Taproom, selling a variety of fantastic home-brewed ciders.
- Though it’s not strictly in Gettysburg, we’d be remiss not to mention the delicious brews at nearby Thirsty Farmer Brewworks.
- Another craft brewery worth visiting outside of downtown Gettysburg is Something Wicked Brewing Company, located in nearby Hanover.
Though not a brewery, the Mason Dixon Distillery in town is more than worth the visit. Not only are their sprits and cocktails delicious, but the distillery is housed in the renovated Reaser Furniture Warehouse. Clayton Reaser owned that warehouse & built the family home that is now the Keystone Inn.
The Best Place to Stay in Gettysburg, PA
We love these Gettysburg breweries just as much as the next person, but they are only a tiny part of the many great things waiting for you in this unique and historic part of the state. There are so many great things to do in Gettysburg, and you’ll need a great place from which to launch your adventures. There’s no better place to stay in Gettysburg than the Keystone Inn, the premier Bed and Breakfast in Gettysburg.
Our Gettysburg Bed and Breakfast offers eight well-appointed guest rooms, each of which is outfitted with a broad range of high-end amenities. One of the best parts about staying at our Gettysburg Bed and Breakfast is the breakfast itself. We’ll lovingly prepare you a delicious meal each morning of your stay – something that is sure to be a highlight of your time with us.
Whatever it is that brings you to Gettysburg this summer, we hope you take the time to visit these Gettysburg breweries. It’s just one of the many great things waiting for you! Book your room at our Gettysburg Bed and Breakfast today!